Friday, November 20, 2009

Testing--Hello?--Test-Test: Today Is Brought To You By The Numbers 18, 6, and 12


Hello friends!! I know, I know---it's been too long since a post and as a friend from church told me last night, "I'm sick of seeing that pumpkin party!" LOL!!!

For those of you not on Face**Book with me or know me personally then you have no idea of the recent chaos in our life.

That will be another post all it's own. Really deep thoughts that don't go along with this post.

This post is to celebrate today: November 20, 2009 (by the way---I just had to delete the "19" from my year because we aren't in that century anymore).

18 years ago today I met my darling, handsome, funny, sincere, loyal, dependable, intelligent, crazy, HOT, godly, Renaissance man! No one can be more of a perfect fit for my quirks than him. We are a perfect match!!!

6 years ago today we saw the beautiful face of our funny, tender-hearted, servant-hearted, creative, gorgeous daughter for the first time on a computer screen. We cried tears of awe and joy as the page opened and scrolled down to reveal her precious face at the age of 9 months old.

The irony of these years is that they are 12 years apart to the day.

My favorite number has always been 12. It has followed me all my life and to think that God giggled a bit when He so creatively allowed me to meet the two most important people in my life---exactly 12 years apart---makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside. Good one, God.


I might be back on here before Thanksgiving, I might not. If you don't see me on here again until December, then please know that I am counting my blessings that are so freely given me by the Lord.

He is good.

I can hurt and bleed and cry and ache and wonder why.

I can laugh and smile and giggle and dream and hope.

He is there for all of it.

What a blessing to be His.

Forever.

10 comments:

  1. Been following you on FB, but I'm glad you're posting again on the blog. I get to see more pictures of PandaGirl here. Have a great Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't realize the preciousness of today for your family. You opened your home to my children on your day of celebration. Thank you so much for being there for us, for loving us every day of the year, and for the delicious Cotton family recipe for the "really good drink that was orange."

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a Blessed Thanksgiving!! Love you Much.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Day to you ALL!
    Please don't punish me because I don't (can't) do FB...please don't wait another month to post. And, OF COURSE, I stole the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good to see you smiling & loving all your blessings ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been wondering how you were doing as well. I'm on FB but rarely use it. Please know that I'm thinking of you. Hugs and prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry for the chaos, but happy for the happiness. hope yoou have a wonderful, restful and peaceful Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yep, I was waiting for a new post as well. Love you guys!! Happy, Happy Day!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'd like to be FB friends with you! :-)

    I do hope you and your beautiful family are doing well.

    Have you ended your homeschooling blog? I've tried several times to access it with no luck.

    I hope you've had a wonderful Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete