Friday, October 16, 2009

Birthday Tea Room 2009



Ever since PandaGirl's third birthday I have taken her to a tea room around her birthday and let her choose a special teacup for her collection. I hope to continue this fun tradition until she is at least 18....maybe longer!


Each year we have "special guests" and this year was my parents. It was raining cats and dogs, but we had a great time sipping our hot tea. Even my Daddy got in on the act since he was off work that day. What a fun treat!



The tea room we went to didn't sell cups so we had to come back home to an antique store to find just the right one. PG picked out this gorgeous metallic gold trimmed teacup. It's perfect---the owner of the store said, "It's very Frenchy!"---which goes RIGHT along with her love for Fancy Nancy this year who does everything in FRENCH!



I know it's been awhile since my last post, but with homeschool, church ministry and life in general it's been hard to find time for the computer.

More pics and (important-to-us) posts coming soon!

3 comments:

  1. What a lovely birthday tradition. How fun that your dad could even enjoy your special day. Cheers!

    PS. We've had a rough health week but Josie's on the mend. Pneumonia with her heart condition always makes me nervous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww, I love the teacup tradition. That is such a special treat!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow...How ironic! Your Grandma H. purchased this very same tea cup/saucer at one of their CenTex Civic Clubs garage sales many years ago. She was so thrilled with "her find"---I remember it so well. (guess it went to the other side of family)...??? But seeing your pic brought back wonderful memories.

    Sort of unbelievable in fact! :-O...
    Now how ironic is that?

    ReplyDelete