Saturday, October 3, 2009

Party at the Pandas'!


Friday night we celebrated

PandaGirl's 7th birthday

in our front yard with a few little girl-friends and had a BLAST! The theme was a cross between "Fancy Nancy" and "Littlest Pet Shop"---PG just couldn't decide so we incorporated both! I am a party planner after watching my own mom decorate and throw great parties for all sorts of things my whole life. I LOVE putting these things together. Very much a "sweet spot" for me (check out Mac Lucado's book Cure for the Common Life to learn more about your sweet spot).

Since PG is into being a scientist it really worked out that Fancy Nancy's latest book is about being an Explorer Extraordinaire who forms a backyard club with a friend and they go on searches for all sorts of great nature stuff. This goes right along with our Botany lessons in our new homeschool work, so that worked out to our benefit.

The reason the party decor is shabby looking with sheets and twinkles lights is because the book characters make their own tent in the backyard like this, yet Fancy Nancy has to have EVERYthing fancied up with her own flare, hence the reason for all the extra touches to the party, like curly ribbon on all the utensils. I made up pretty cute (even if I do say so myself!) hobo-bags or bundles along a real tree branch to carry it on just like the girls in the book. They were filled with a large magnifying glass, chunky notepad, bling ring, jumbo sized glow stick with a butterfly on the end and a ball point pen wrapped up to look like the stem of one of those large orange flowers, brightly colored fluffy hats and the darling bandannas tying it all up.

With the night-time sky darkening I knew that glow sticks would be a hit along with the twinkle lights....and they were! I let the girls decorate their own confetti cupcakes that had a blingy ring waiting for them in each cupcake after I made brightly colored frosting for them to spread. We also played "pin the tongue on the gecko" to add in our LPS animals for the night.

The weather on Thursday night was just awful with torrential rain. The weather for the party? A total God-send!!! The temp. was in the high 60's once the sun went down, the sky was as clear as could be and the full moon was bright and shiny up in the night sky: P-E-R-F-E-C-T!!!! It just couldn't have been any more perfect for the party. Then today it was downpour again. Good timing, God....thanks.

Thanks to PandaPop, J, C, B and K for all your help!!!!

I would write more, but I had an ALL day conference and am really pooped out. Just enjoy the pics. I'm enjoying the gobs more that I'm not taking the time to post! LOL!

















6 comments:

  1. In one of those pics...I thought I saw CJ...too bad it wasn't. Looks FABULOUS!!! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You really do throw the BEST birthday parties!! It looks like a blast! Happy Birthday Fancy PandaGirl! We miss you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You captured all the magic of PG's birthday in perfect detail. Congratulations on a super special birthday party.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy happy birthday PG!! i can't get over how grown up you are getting!! Sure wish we lived closer to "y'all".

    PM..another perfectly planned party! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  5. THE BEST...EST!!! :-D
    Wow, so creative, colorful, exciting and totally 'darling'....

    For someone who 'had NO time to prepare'...wow,can't imagine what it would've been if you'd had more time...hummm lol Truly, wonderful photos & so happy the weather worked out so perfect as well! Congrats to PG on such a neat 7th BD party & her parents for great work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How awesome that looks! I love doing fun parties for my kids but I think you top them all!!! Glad she had such a GREAT time!

    ReplyDelete