Monday, May 16, 2011

Strength for Today

Sorry I didn't update on Friday, but we never heard anything from our offer so the trial is on.  Jury selection is today and the trial should last three days.


We knew coming into this there was a risk.  It's called a "low legal risk adoption".  The "low" was the great part.  Now it seems like the low is pretty darn high in my estimation.

There's always the chance the jury could decide to take her away from us and give her back to her birth family.  I really don't think that is likely considering what we know about their history.

Then the possibility this real and scary and doable is where the jury decides to leave her in Permanent Managing Conservatorship. That means she stays in the foster system until she's 18.  She'd be in our care, but not be able to take our name, we couldn't adopt her, no pictures, we have to keep up with crazy amount of paperwork, documentations of everything and ongoing trainings.  That KILLS ME!!!!!!!!!!!!! How HORRIBLE for HER!!!!!!!!!!!!

The other possibility is that the bio father's rights are terminated, we get to adopt her, finalize in a few months and......period.  THAT'S the one we are praying for.

Actually, we are praying for God's will to supersede our desires.  This story is so involved.  I have to go now because we are putting our Tahoe in the shop.  Yippee.

God is good and I'm trying not to stress, but it is challenging!!!


  1. Wow. I've been reading your blog for so long. I can't tell you how hard I'm praying for you today. Please keep us posted.

  2. In church yesterday, our pastor said yesterday "When we work, we work. When we pray, God works". I'm praying & I know you are, so we have to believe God is working! ::NY hugs::

  3. I will be praying for you and for your precious Panda Joy. I hope the trial goes smoothly and that you will have peace in your heart about this. God bless you.