Thursday, April 28, 2011

I Can Have PIZZA!


Believe me when I say this is NOT going to become a food blog.  I do not have the patience to write down ingredients, measurements, blah, blah, blah.  However, I do have to say that I am so impressed with my actual ability to make something healthy and yummy to eat & it makes me giddy.

I know. It doesn't take much.

I found this little tip online from another clean eater: make mini-pizzas out of the whole grain thin bread rounds.  We already love a certain brand of these whole grain babies so I smeared on tomato basil Laughing Cow cheese triangles, organic marinara sauce, thinly sliced squash, zucchini, and mushrooms. Then I tossed on some garlic & onion powder and a new Italian seasoning that I freshly ground (I love those McCormick fresh grinders! I feel like I should be in the food network when I twist them!). I drizzled some light olive oil and a few sun-dried tomatoes along with pulling apart low-fat mozzarella string cheese and put them in a preheated 450 degree oven for about 9 minutes and they were so stinkin' great!

I know I am so slow in realizing this, but it feels good to cook and eat food that truly is healthy and tastes fabulous. I DON'T HAVE TO EAT OVER-PROCESSED CRAP. (that was note to self, by the way)

We'll see what will be the next new thing for me to conjure up.

3 comments:

  1. Your pizza looks absolutely heavenly. All those ingredients have me rethinking about this weekends menu. Yummy, yummy, yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks so delicious!!! One of our favourite traditions is "make your own pizza nights". Love your new banner by the way!

    ReplyDelete