Wednesday, September 14, 2011

The Perks of Being a Minister's Wife


I adore my church, love the staff that PandaPop serves with and I LOVE the staff wives.  We all get along great and love to serve alongside our hubbies, but rarely get the chance to all be together in the same place, at the same time and able to actually talk.  The last time we met all together was a year ago August.  We recently just added two more to our bonded group so our oh-so-beloved pastor's wife invited us all over for lunch today and, true to form......she had a darling craft for us to do.  Christmas organization cutie-patootie file folders!!

We started out with a regular manilla file folder, followed her instructions on how to make it perfectly compact, picked out our Christmas scrap papers, measured, cut, inked the edges, spray glued and embellished our little projects all while gabbing the whole time.  I didn't mention that our pastor's wife, M, is one of my favorite people on this planet and is probably one of the top two of the best hostesses I know.  I adore her somewhat rustic, but a bit shabby chic decor taste and style of her home and she always cooks up perfect delectable delights for us to nibble.

 I want to be her when I grow up.

Nah...I know that I really want to be the me I'm supposed to be, but I just can't help but be mesmerized by her ease in homemaking and hostessing all the while being quite busy and active in the life of our church and she runs her own organizing business and works part time as the assistant to the owner of a dance studio.  Did I mention she has five grown kids and several grandchildren that all live in the area?  Busy woman who is completely sold out to the Lord.  Of course, she's not perfect and has flaws like the rest of us, but she is a doll. Love her. Love.

It was great to catch up with the other girls and fill in the two new ones about the rest of us.

Laid back, delightful time.


Anyone can have a group of girlfriends and make a cute Christmas organizer.  I have different groups of friends that I love to do things with like my college BFFs and my NOGs and friends that live in other cities.....or countries, but there is something really special about sharing life with other ladies who are married to ministers.  Just like any group of like-minded people who like to share joys and vent griefs it's nice to know that the others "get it" making the time shared comforting and freeing.  I respect these women and am very blessed to be a part of this group for such a time as this.  Believe me, I have found this closeness of staff or staff wives in no other church in which we have served.  It's rare and we are blessed.

(I just tried to link to my NOGs, but apparently I had uploaded that collage of us in our red shoes to flickr* and have since deleted from my account so what's the point of linking to a post with no pictures, right? None. )

Now I just need to actually use my darling new Christmas planner.

On a mommy side note: guess what my darling 3 year old said today?  On the way back home from picking up PandaGirl from school, PandaJOY busts out with, "Mom, you're a great mom."

WHAT DID YOU SAY???

"Mom, you're a great mom."

Awe.............I so needed to hear those words from her.  Can't even believe she articulated them so well.

As an update on that whole thing.....still in the appeal process and turning into skeletons as we wait, but are doing it with a joyful heart.  Things around here are getting better and even enjoyable as compared to our many months of adjusting to the new normal.  I even said today that I love this crazy deaf doggie.

Yes, I said I love him.

Even though at this very moment I want to strangle him for being too hyper and barking at the air, leaping off the bed and spinning circles down the hall.  Idiot.

1 comment:

  1. Okay...I'm trying to figure this out...Is that multiple vaniller folders glued together?? I keep looking at the picture trying to figure out how it's got that accordian look to it. And I LOVE it! So many different things you could do with that!

    I love you. I love you a lot :)

    ReplyDelete