Sunday, August 8, 2010

Respite from the Heat!

PP-SinginInRain

Our Texas summer temps have been just awful last week and this coming week!! Thank goodness all I had to do was stay in the house filled with wonderful A/C while the outside world lived in 102-104 degree weather!! That wasn't counting the heat index which mixes in the humidity factor and forcing up the "feeling" even hotter! I took a picture of my car thermostat the day before my surgery on my phone and can't figure out how to get it to myself, but it registered 110!!!

This day of PG dancing in the rain was back in June and we would LOVE to have more summer rain NOW!!! We showed her the movie with Gene Kelly when she was a little bitty thing and she adored all the fun music and dancing. We sing this song a lot around here so it only made perfect sense to put it on our collage with rain.

On the good side of recovery.....I think! Hopefully, just a couple more days of sleeping all the time and then I can get back to normal around here. Thank you, God for narcotics! lol!!

3 comments:

  1. yes. Drugs are definitely a good thing for your surgery/recovery. Darling umbrella pics. I can't imagine living in that kind of extreme heat. I was miserable in FL. Gene Kelly sounds like a lovely way to spend an afternoon. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Says who? The rest of the world is also staying inside with the AC as well. I haven't left my house for anything unnecessary at all.

    I am ready for this weather to be gone!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank the Lord for drugs!

    Love that movie...we sing that song alot, too. What we wouldn't give for a little rain lately. Enjoy it and your AC!

    Hope to hear from you soon. We leave on Thursday to take the Prince...yarp for me....trying REAL HARD not to cry about this (in front of him) too much.

    ReplyDelete